January 26, 2020
These easy to make biscuits go brilliantly with any of our breakfast blends, particularly the stronger ones such as Tinner's Tea or Assam BOP: the sweetness pairs well with the malty flavour of the teas. Why not give them a go? Swap out the honey for golden syrup if you prefer a crunchier cookie.
Makes about 18 good sized biscuits
150g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
120g rolled oats
1 level tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1 dessertspoon of honey or golden syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 180c/gas 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or baking parchment
2) Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
3) Gently melt together the honey/golden syrup with the butter in a pan over a low heat until you have a liquid
4) Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
5) With your hands, roll the mixture into generous sized balls- we usually manage two batches of nine balls. Remember to space them well, as they will melt and this can get messy!
6) Bake for 12/15 until golden. After removing from the oven, leave for a few minutes to cool slightly, otherwise they might break as you transfer them to a cooling rack (use a spatula to move them, gently!)
7) Allow to cool, brew a good strong tea and enjoy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …