This recipe makes delicious ginger biscuits! They're so easy, you'll be making them in batches every autumn! And if you want even more ginger in your life, don't forget we have Harth hot chocolate and Gingerbread Chai.
100g unsalted butter
1 medium egg
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tsp of ginger
175g caster sugar
250g plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
Pinch of salt
-Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add egg and syrup and continue to mix
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are combined
- Shape dough into balls and space out onto baking tray- these cookies will spread, so give them room!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how soft you would like the cookies to be
- When you bring them out of the oven, drop the tray onto a hard surface- this will give them the 'cracked' appearance.
-Allow them cool for 5 minutes on the tray and then use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Once cool, put in an airtight container.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …