October 24, 2021
Chilli Chai is the perfect autumn/winter warmer (and amazing if you feel the first tingle of a cold!) but it also pairs super well with dark chocolate and raisins for this easy tea bread for a tasty twist on a classic. If you're vegan, you can either replace the dark chocolate chips with a vegan alternative or up the raisin content. The tea lends a subtle kick in this recipe, unless you brew your tea really strong. The loaf really is delicious once cooled and will pair well with a strong black tea, such as Assam or coffee that will compliment the chocolate.
300g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
100g dark chocolate chips (or vegan alternative)
1 mug of strongly brewed Chilli Chai
1) Preheat the oven to 180/160 fan/gas mark 4 and grease and line a loaf tin
2) Brew the tea and let it cool.
3) Mix all the dry ingredients together, ensuring that they are fully integrated (watch out for the chips falling to the bottom of the bowl!)
4) Slowly add the tea and stir until it is a liquid batter. Pour into the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
5) Once the time is up, turn the oven off and leave the tin in for an extra ten minutes. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin to cool on a wire rack.
Comments will be approved before showing up.